Twitter

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

We interrupt your regularly scheduled crafting news...

for this unsolicited open letter.

DEAR PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE;

Tonight you have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get my vote.
Yeah, it's completely up for grabs -- all you have to do is:

1) Answer a question directly. How can I believe that you can
negotiate with other major world powers if you can't even answer a
simple question of your priorities? BTW, telling me that everything is
a top priority is ridiculous.

2) Don't try to make me feel fearful about that other guy. That's
small. It makes you sound like a life insurance salesman.

3) Don't fill up the space with empty rhetoric and cheerleading. I
don't need you to tell me what I'm capable of. Tell me what YOU'RE
capable of.

4) No tricks, innuendo or subtle double-talk. First, talking over your
time and interrupting are not sophisticated tactics. It just shows a
lack of self-control on your part. Second, I'm not half as dumb as I
look. I can tell when you are being calculating and frankly, it does
not inspire trust.

5) Be straight. You don't have to inflate numbers, exaggerate or tell
half-truths. I've had enough of that from the current administration;
and we've all seen what happens when we don't have good quality
information to make the hard choices with.

6) Be realistic. All your grand promises about tax cuts and
incentives, the war, abortion, gay marriage and health care don't mean
squat. Seriously. You can't do anything without congressional support,
and I don't need big flashy gestures anyway.

Be a steady, thoughtful and trustworthy leader on a daily basis. Plan
for growth and prosperity. Also, have a plan B. Listen to your
constituency and be caring, respectful and responsive.

So that's it. That's all you have to do.

Thank you for your attention.

Respectfully yours,
B

No comments: