Twitter

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Another Distribution Channel

When I started selling online, I originally stocked my Etsy store with paintings.  Like my purses, my watercolors and oils are popular with friends and family, and I thought that there'd be a good market for originals on Etsy.  (do a search on Etsy for ACEO - Art Card, Editions & Originals - and you'll see what I mean.)

Well, the art world was not exactly taken by storm.  More like, they were taken by apathy.  

On the other hand, there was even less enthusiasm on the home front.  Surprisingly my family was dismayed to see "their" paintings put up for sale in the coarse and crass public marketplace.  Who knew that they felt so proprietary?  It was kind of sweet.

Ultimately, it turned out happily for all concerned.  The coarse and crass public didn't buy my original watercolors after all.  So I was able to give them to my daughter and husband, which made them (relieved and) happy.  My Monster Bags are doing very well on my Etsy store, so I'm happy.  

And just in case someone out there in the interwebs missed the opportunity to acquire an ArtsiBitsi painting, I set up a store on Cafepress to sell reproductions and prints.  Check it out, and if you see something there that you'd like changed a bit (a certain painting on a different t-shirt, for example), just let me know.

No comments: