Twitter

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Artsy Accomplishments - New product, new shop

Accomplishments for today:

1) Talked to Olivera at Wholly Craft and made an appointment to start selling my Monster Bags there.  Yay. 
Another distribution channel.  Plus it will help potential customers get comfortable seeing these bags.  

I remember from my marketing classes that it takes approximately 30 impressions of a new product before a customer feels comfortable enough to buy it.  They have to see it, and remember that they saw it;  like it, and then remember that they liked it -- all before they will buy it.  



2) Figured out how to make covered buttons of my watercolor paintings. Each one is 1 1/8" in diameter. They're like tiny little pieces of art!  And they have so many uses:

Pin them to your jeans
Use a set of them to make a really fun jacket
Wear them like a brooch
Use them as the closure on your purse

Tomorrow I will figure out how to photograph and list them on my Etsy.

I also want to get started on a fresh set of purses to replace the ones that are going to Wholly Craft.

No comments: