Twitter

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Something Old is New Again




Of all my different purses,  the one design that people seem to remember best is this one (left). Even years later, folks will ask me, 'Hey, are you still making those?' So, yes, by popular demand, I am bringing back my remarkable and memorable Secret Postcard Pocket Purse -- now updated for a new market.







So here's the new model.  On one level, this shoulder bag is very sweet. It's a modest 7x9x2" in size, but big enough for your phone, sunglasses, keys, credit cards, pens, small notebook, etc. 

The clear poly panel adds a faux patent leather look which goes easily from a day to evening look. You can definitely wear this with jeans, a suit or dress. 

It has a long (~50") adjustable length strap that you can use to change up the style.




But the coolness of this design often requires closer inspection. Because the 5x7" transparent panel is actually a pocket that allows you to completely change the look and function of the purse, according to your moods. 








Here are just a few of the things I have tucked into the pocket: 

  • Photographs of friends, family, pets, etc.
  • Seasonal Prints (pumpkins, witches, snowflakes, valentines)
  • Postcards
  • Artwork (like an ArtsiBitsi watercolor?)
  • Maps - especially cool when traveling
  • Ticket stubs and memorabiliia
  • Passport, airline ticket and photo ID when traveling
...
Personally, I like to rock my Girl Geek look with this bag. I downloaded a bunch of circuit boards and cropped and printed them out transparency sheets. Then I get to have fun conversations like this:

Random Person: Excuse me, miss, but what is that quaint illustration on your handbag?

Me:  OMG, u n00b. j00 r t3h sux. Pwnd! LOL. j/k

No comments: